This past weekend, Dave & I went to Chicago and South Bend and left smalls at home with grandma. I was pretty anxious about leaving him beforehand, especially since I see him so little during the week as it is, but I'm glad Dave made me go :) We had a great time in Chicago on Friday. I got to meet up with lots of old friends from law school & we went to an AMAZING place for dinner called the Publican. (You can check out its awesomeness
here.) My college roommate managed to get us reservations at the last minute, PLUS free appetizers and dessert PLUS 25% off the entire bill. She has connections.
Out for drinks with Chad
At the Publican with Katie. We ate until 10:30pm. If I look fatter, its because I am.
We only spent half a day in South Bend for the wedding, but it was great to be back on campus. And I had never been to a wedding at the basilica before---it was gorgeous! Sadly, I didn't take any pictures of the wedding or the stunning bride, so you'll just have to trust me about how pretty the whole affair was.
So the first weekend away from James was a success. That said, I think it will be awhile before I'm ready to leave him again!
No comments:
Post a Comment