I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with the Gabriel Project, but its a pro-life project run by the Arlington Diocese that helps pregnant mothers. Its an all-encompassing program that shepherds pregnant moms through everything from initial counseling, to ultrasounds, to paying for medical care & delivery, to providing the mother with cribs, strollers, clothes, etc, helping arrange for baptism (if the mother is catholic), providing meals & temporary care for any older children while the mother is recuperating, etc.
Dave & I have been donating to the Gabriel Project at a local parish for awhile, but I recently decided I wanted to go through the training to become an Angel (each pregnant woman gets assigned an Angel who is the primary line of communication and provider of services --- the woman remains anonymous to everyone in Gabriel Project except the Angel).
Well, it didn't take long for the woman training me to discover that I'm a parishioner at St. Rita's. Apparently, they've been wanting to start a Gabriel Project at St. Rita's for awhile --- primarily because St. Rita's serves a sizable Hispanic population, where the need is often greatest. I jumped at the opportunity. So, assuming the Diocese & the pastor sign off, you're looking at the new Gabriel Project Director for St. Rita's! Yay! I'm so excited to get involved. They do great work & I think St. Rita's is fertile ground for a new chapter. Be sure to pray for me as I try to drum up support in our parish!
No comments:
Post a Comment