Saturday, July 30, 2011

A week of ground beef

If left to my own devices, I'll make chicken every night of the week. It's easy, cheap & I like it :) But Dave has been clamoring for some variety, so I bought a few pounds of ground beef and experimented with some recipes from Real Simple.

Monday & Tuesday we had ground beef & couscous stuffed peppers.  I've never made stuffed peppers before, so I wasn't sure if I'd like them.  They were actually really tasty!  The only downside to the recipe is that the peppers take an hour to cook, which makes it not a very good weeknight recipe since I can't start cooking until 7, after I pick James up from the nanny & then feed him.

Wednesday we had beef & broccoli rabe pizza.  This was definitely the hit of the week.  I didn't bother with the pizza dough, but just used a store-bought thin crust.  It was fast, super tasty & had enough veggies to make Dave happy :)  I'll definitely make this again.


Then, Thursday, we used the leftover ground beef to make taco salad!


So, overall, ground beef week was a success.  I guess I could learn to make something besides chicken :)

1 comment: