My wonderful* husband got me a Kindle for my 30th birthday & I haven't been able to put it down since I got it. (Peter, you inspired me with your Kindle while you were here. Now we can share books! :) It's great for nursing because you don't have to actually turn any pages---you can do everyone one-handed. It's also great for sneaking into work and surreptitiously reading at my desk because its small, lightweight, and doesn't have a give-away cover that announces what I'm reading to the world. For all my coworkers know, I'm furthering my legal education by reading case law---when, in fact, I'm reading a trashy spy novel.
In any case, I'm reading an awesome book right now called "Unbroken." It's by the same woman who wrote Seabiscuit. I don't want to give away the plot (because I want you all to read it), but its a true story about a young man who got stranded in the Pacific during WWII after his bomber crashed. It's a great story and there are lots of funny parts (yes, being stranded in the Pacific can be funny). Plus, it involves the 1936 Olympics in Germany and great white sharks. What could be more exciting??!
Anyway, read it. You won't regret it.
*Dave has reinstated himself after initially FORGETTING to get me a birthday present. It only took him a few additional weeks to get around to it...
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How do we "lend each other books"? I will find out.
ReplyDelete