Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Grilling

Ever since the Holmans got us our awesome charcoal grill, we've been grilling nonstop. Last night was a vintage Virginia evening---in the 80s & humid with rain clouds nearby & the thick smell of honeysuckle everywhere. I love those evenings. In an effort to maximize our time outside, we made beer can chicken on the grill & grilled corn on the cob. Despite the fact that I overcooked the chicken (I blame James, who wanted to nurse instead of letting me check the temperature) and charred the corn, it was still tasty :)


Chicken prepped & ready for the grill. James waits impatiently for me to finish & give him attention.


Dave complains about the lack of manly grilling mitts around the house.  Unbeknownst to him, I added to our mitt collection just last week when I bought these:


Manly? Not really. But adorable? Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment