Friday, May 27, 2011

Apple Flax Muffins

Right after I had James, my friend Caroline brought over these delicious apple muffins.  I asked for the recipe & she said she got it from the back of a bag of flaxseed meal.  After wandering the aisles at the grocery store, I finally found it.


I've been putting off making the muffins because the recipe calls for all sorts of weird ingredients (like oat bran) and requires shredding apples & carrots, which sounds hard.  But since I had to justify the four dollars I spent on the flaxseed meal, I finally decided to attempt the muffins.  As it turns out, shredding the apples & carrots wasn't that hard.


The batter looked pretty gross.  So gross, in fact, that I wasn't even tempted to lick the spoon.  Although, in hindsight, I probably should have.  Anything with a full cup of brown sugar is bound to be tasty.


Ta da!  I sampled one (OK, three) & it was just as delicious as I had remembered.


James helped.


No comments:

Post a Comment