Wednesday, June 30, 2010

all-time favorites

There are certain things that i'll always order at a restaurant, if they're offered - not only because they are delicious but because I know that i'll never be able to replicate these dishes in a million years.  At least, not unless I cheat and use short-cuts or less exotic ingredients.  Anyway, because I'm currently hungry, i've been thinking about how tasty these three dishes are and how much I want them right now.

Cassoulet
you really can't go wrong with a dish that uses this much duck fat

Paella
mussels, clams, saffron, sausage...a serious ensemble of tastiness

Eggs Benedict
especially when it has a twist - like jalapeno hollandaise, grits & shrimp (above), or smoked salmon

One day I will learn to make one of these recipes (OK, probably not the cassoulet).  When that happens, you'll all be invited over to eat it with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment