Friday, July 2, 2010

Mini herb garden

This is the third time this year I've tried to start a little herb garden on our porch.  The first time, I forgot to water the herbs a couple days in a row and they all died.  The next time, I left them outside when there was a frost and they all died AGAIN.  Thankfully, Lowe's never seems to run out of herbs.  So far, my third attempt has been successful....although it really hasn't been long enough for me to claim success yet :)

Anyway, since I know you've all been waiting impatiently for this, I thought i'd introduce you to my herbs.


Ta da!  Sage, basil and rosemary.  Very creative names, I know :)  I use the basil & rosemary plant a lot...the sage I use less often.  When the sage plant dies from inattentive care (as I'm sure it will, eventually), I think i'll replace it with a mint plant.  I'll need a constant supply of mint for all the mojitos I plan to drink this summer :)

Anyway, there you have it!  If you have any advice on how not to kill herbs, I gladly welcome it.

No comments:

Post a Comment